Briarlake Elementary School
Briarlake Elementary School is located in Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia. Briarlake has been educating the children in our community for over 50 years. We have Pre-K - 5th grades. Briarlake is a 2002 Georgia School of Excellence and has been awarded the 2003 Parent Involvement School of Excellence by the National PTA.
Briarlake is a small neighborhood school with a wonderful staff supported by our parents and the community. Our PTA organizes events and activities throughout the year. We hope all of our families will find ways to be involved and participate.
Our 19th Annual Fall Festival is October 25th.
Volunteers needed. Click here to sign up.
10/21-23, ITBS Testing, Grades 1, 3, 5
10/21, 3 - 5 pm, Extended Day Conferences
10/21, 5:30 pm Gifted Program Information Meeting
10/23, School Council meeting, 1-2pm
10/25, Fall Festival
10/30, Make-up Picture Day
10/31, Book Character Parade
PTA Expense Reimbursement Form
Listen to WSB for DeKalb Schools weather related information.
Briarlake Facebook Page
another Briarlake Facebook Page check out the photos
Fall Festival - Great Day of Fun at Briarlake! Craft Fair 10-4.
Festival activities 11-4.
- Tues. 10/21/14 at 5:30 pm in the school cafeteria
Are you interested in learning about the Gifted Eligibility Process used in the Dekalb County School District? If so, please plan to attend the Gifted Information Meeting. All Briarlake parents are invited to attend. Hosted by Gifted Program Teachers, Ms. Tanya Fields Ms. Melissa McMillan. We hope to see you there!
- Georgia Milestones Resources for families
- Infinite Campus: Flyer on our new Infinite Campus - Parent Portal. Visit the Briarlake School Information page for instructions.
- School starts at 7:45 am and ends at 2:15 pm. PLEASE do NOT turn left into the school driveways. Figure out your car route so you do not have to turn left into the school grounds. NO LEFT TURNS!
- We now have a Twitter account! We will be using the account for reminders about school events, announcements, weather alerts and more! Download the Twitter app and then search for Briarlake Elementary School. Follow us to keep up to date with all the great things going on at our school! @BriarlakeES
- Microsoft Student Advantage Program This program provides free access to Office 365 Pro Plus for students currently enrolled in the DeKalb County Student District. DCSD students may download and install Office 365 Pro applications on up to 5 devices (PC, MAC, and/or mobile device). For more information: vist the DCSD Website: more information
- Comcast Essentials Program This program offers home Internet service for only $9.95 a month for families living within the Comcast service area. To qualify for this program, at least one child in the family must qualify for the free and reduced lunch program. Comcast flyer
- DeKalb County School District App It is available on the DCSD website.
- DeKalb County School District Calendar for the 2014-15 schoolyear is now posted. Click here to see it.
- International Parent Outreach Program is the county's continuous effort to increase parental engagement among our culturally and linguistically diverse community, the EL Program is pleased to announce the start of this year's Parent Outreach Program. This program offers PHLOTE parents (parents whose primary home language is other than English) the opportunity to learn English, computer literacy and school culture. Please see the flyer/registration forms available here.
- Please turn off your cell phones during morning and afternoon carpool.
- Briarlake weekly updates ....sign up is available on the left side of this page. Great information comes out weekly during the school year! This is our newsletter, so sign up now!
- School Hours: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm. Building opens at 7:00 am for student arrival.
- Lunch menus are posted here.
CARPOOL - MAP and Directions here
Cell Tower News - Be sure to stay informed by going to www.noBriarlaketower.org website or checking out their facebook page.
- There are no left turns into the school grounds from Briarlake Road.
- PLEASE display name signs until your child is safely in your car. Using a "skirt/pant" hanger on the mirror of the car is a great idea!!! All students should be picked up by 2:45 at the latest. Thank you for helping keep our children safe.
- Turn your cell phones off while dropping off or picking up your children as well as in the school building!