Briarlake Elementary School
Briarlake Elementary School is located in Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia. Briarlake has been educating the children in our community for over 50 years. We have Pre-K - 5th grades as well as the deaf and hard of hearing program. Briarlake is a 2002 Georgia School of Excellence and has been awarded the 2003 Parent Involvement School of Excellence by the National PTA.
Briarlake is a small neighborhood school with a wonderful staff supported by our parents and the community. Our PTA organizes events and activities throughout the year. We hope all of our families will find ways to be involved and participate.
|OPEN HOUSE - August 6, 2014!
8-10 will be for last names A-F, 9-11 will be last names G-M and 10-12 will be last names N-Z. Details available soon.
Please note: This is different from information posted on the DeKalb County School District website.
New to the neighborhood? PLEASE stop by the school now and register your children. Don't wait.
Updated: July 18, 2014
- Class Supply lists are available on the Class Supply List page. **7/22 update for 4th grade: Please note there have been some changes in the list.
- CRCT Update from Ms. Jenks (6/8/14): Parents may pick up CRCT student test profiles between 12:00 and 2:00 pm any Monday-Thursday.
- Briarlake now has a Twitter account! We will be using the account for reminders about school events, announcements, weather alerts and more! Download the Twitter app and then search for Briarlake Elementary School. Follow us to keep up to date with all the great things going on at our school! @BriarlakeES
- It will be here before you know it!! August 6 is Open House starting at 8:00 am. Don't forget your current proof of residence. We will stagger times to cut down on the crush...8-10 will be for last names A-F, 9-11 will be last names G-M and 10-12 will be last names N-Z. Join the PTA, purchase spirit wear, meet all the teachers in your grade level, get information on afterschool programs, and more. Be there!
Additional details soon. If you are new to the neighborhood, please stop by the school and register your children. Don't wait until August. Thank you.
- Summer Math Challenge
Ms Jenks and the PTA would like to help Briarlake students keep up their math skills over the Summer. Please consider participating in the "Summer Math Challenge." We are suggesting the kids spend an average of ONE HOUR A WEEK over the summer doing their choice of math activity.The goal is 10 hours (600 minutes) of math over the entire 11 weeks of summer break. You can keep track of your hours with the attached form.
Those kids that meet the math challenge will be recognized at the start of the new school year! Any questions, please email Debbie Martin-Gerstle: email@example.com
- New Student Registration: If you have a child who will be attending Briarlake for the 1st time in the fall, please be sure to register now. Stop by Briarlake on Tuesday or Thursday, between 8:30 and 10:30 am. For items required for registration, please see our New Student Registration page. Don't wait until August!
- PTA is looking for committee chairs. Did you know that there are over 40 PTA committees and officer positions at Briarlake to keep the PTA running and provide all the fun activities we have at Briarlake? Please consider supporting the PTA by volunteering and there are several PTA committee positions that still need to be filled for the 2014-2015 school year. Please email Linda Coil if you are interested in serving on a committee or volunteering. Thank you!
- Free Software- DeKalb County Schools is proud to announce the new Microsoft Student Advantage Program to students and parents. This program provides free access to Office 365 Pro Plus for students enrolled in school districts that purchase enterprise-level licenses. DeKalb County Schools meets this requirement!
Any student who is currently enrolled in the DeKalb County School District is eligible and may download and install Office 365 Pro applications on up to 5 devices (PC, MAC, and/or mobile device).
Click here for more information
- Have you downloaded the free DeKalb County School District App? It is available on the DCSD website.
- Calendar for the 2014-15 schoolyear is now posted. Click here to see it.
- International Parent Outreach Program In the county's continuous effort to increase parental engagement among our culturally and linguistically diverse community, the EL Program is pleased to announce the start of this year's Parent Outreach Program. This program offers PHLOTE parents (parents whose primary home language is other than English) the opportunity to learn English, computer literacy and school culture. Please see the flyer/registration forms available here.
- Please turn off your cell phones during morning and afternoon carpool.
- Briarlake weekly updates....sign up is available on the left side of this page. Great information comes out weekly during the school year! This is our newsletter so sign up now!
- Hours: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm. Building opens at 7:00 am for student arrival.
- Lunch menus are posted here.
CARPOOL - MAP and Directions here
Cell Tower News - Be sure to stay informed by going to www.noBriarlaketower.org website or checking out their facebook page.
- There are no left turns into the school grounds from Briarlake Road.
- PLEASE display name signs until your child is safely in your car. Using a "skirt/pant" hanger on the mirror of the car is a great idea!!! All students should be picked up by 2:45 at the latest. Thank you for helping keep our children safe.
- Turn your cell phones off while dropping off or picking up your children as well as in the school building!