Briarlake Elementary School
Briarlake Elementary School is located in Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia. Briarlake has been educating the children in our community for over 50 years. We have Pre-K - 5th grades as well as the deaf and hard of hearing program. Briarlake is a 2002 Georgia School of Excellence and has been awarded the 2003 Parent Involvement School of Excellence by the National PTA.
Briarlake is a small neighborhood school with a wonderful staff supported by our parents and the community. Our PTA organizes events and activities throughout the year. We hope all of our families will find ways to be involved and participate.
Check out our Fundraising Page for the newest additions to our fundraising efforts. Amazon shopping, Ga. Natural Gas, Target, Box Tops for Education. You won't spend any more money, but we will get funds to spend on our school. Thank you!
*** Shopping? If you are using Amazon, be sure to visit our Fundraising page and use our Amazon link. The Briarlake PTA will benefit and it will not cost you anything extra.
EMAIL: Sign up for the email blasts. This is a great way for you to get communications from the PTA, School and County. Click on the link located on the left side of this page..."sign me up now."
|Lost & Found is HUGE - please stop by the school and check it out.
Updated: April 14, 2014
- From the GA DOE 4/12/14 - The upcoming release of the latest College and Career Readiness Performance Index (CCRPI) will be based on 2012-2013 school year results and will be based on a CCRPI with some new “business rules.” These new rules will likely result in lower CCRPI scores than the original 2012 results.
In addition to the 2013 CCRPI release, the state will also be releasing a new score based on 2011-2012 school year results that were run with the new 2013 business rules. While this may result in lower scores, it will give an apples-to-apples comparison to show growth, rather than the sharp decrease from the original 2012 to the new 2013 that most likely would have occurred.
The following documents Changes Explanation and Rationale and 2013 - 2014 Overview should be reviewed by all stakeholders to prepare for the release of the 2012 and 2013 CCRPI.
- CRCT will begin April 22. The schedule will be posted soon. 3rd, 4th and 5th graders should arrive at Briarlake on time. Please plan for dental and doctor appointments after testing has been completed.
- New 4/12/14 - National Library Week, Check out this opportunity
- New 4/12/14 -Free Software
DeKalb County Schools is proud to announce the new Microsoft Student Advantage Program to students and parents. This program provides free access to Office 365 Pro Plus for students enrolled in school districts that purchase enterprise-level licenses. DeKalb County Schools meets this requirement!
Any student who is currently enrolled in the DeKalb County School District is eligible and may download and install Office 365 Pro applications on up to 5 devices (PC, MAC, and/or mobile device).
Click here for more information
- The DeKalb BOE approved calendar changes due to the weather emergencies over the past 2 months. Quick summary.....CRCT testing is being moved 1 week later, 3 days have been added to the end of the school year...school will end on May 23rd. New DeKalb County School District Calendar posted here
- Have you downloaded the free DeKalb County School District App? It is available on the DCSD website.
- The calendar for the 2014-15 schoolyear is now posted. Click here to see it.
- International Parent Outreach Program In the county's continuous effort to increase parental engagement among our culturally and linguistically diverse community, the EL Program is pleased to announce the start of this year's Parent Outreach Program. This program offers PHLOTE parents (parents whose primary home language is other than English) the opportunity to learn English, computer literacy and school culture. Please see the flyer/registration forms available here.
- PIE - Remember to log in your involvement in our school. Now available.....PTA PIE information on our new program including forms to download and start filling out for the times you have been involved or engaged with Briarlake.
- Please turn off your cell phones during morning and afternoon carpool.
- Briarlake weekly updates....sign up is available on the left side of this page. Great information comes out weekly during the school year! This is our newsletter so sign up now!
- Information about fees on the My Lunch Money account.
- Hours: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm. Building opens at 7:00 am for student arrival.
- Lunch menus are posted here.
CARPOOL - MAP and Directions here
Cell Tower News - Be sure to keep up by going to www.noBriarlaketower.org website or checking out their facebook page.
- There are no left turns into the school grounds from Briarlake Road.
- PLEASE display name signs until your child is safely in your car. Using a "skirt/pant" hanger on the mirror of the car is a great idea!!! All students should be picked up by 2:45 at the latest. Thank you for helping keep our children safe.
- Turn your cell phones off while dropping off or picking up your children as well as in the school building!