Briarlake Elementary School
Briarlake Elementary School is located in Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia. Briarlake has been educating the children in our community for over 50 years. We have Pre-K - 5th grades. Briarlake is a 2002 Georgia School of Excellence and has been awarded the 2003 Parent Involvement School of Excellence by the National PTA.
Briarlake is a small neighborhood school with a wonderful staff supported by our parents and the community. Our PTA organizes events and activities throughout the year. We hope all of our families will find ways to be involved and participate.
Briarlake Family Handbook
Listen to WSB for DeKalb Schools weather related information.
Holiday Program, Tuesday, December 16
- The Student Growth Model will be provided with the report cards going home on Friday. Here is a short video presentation to help to explain the Student Growth Model. Student Growth Model Video
- The Briarlake "Found" items are located in the cafeteria. Stop by and check out the collection. Items left after Dec. 19th will be donated.
- Academic Challenge has started. Details here.
- NEW****GA. Parent Survey Please take 5-10 minutes to complete the Georgia Schools Parent Survey to provide valuable feedback. Your input is appreciated. Survey
- NEW*** The Atlanta Families’ Awards for Excellence in Education (AFAEE) is a program that understands how critical teacher and leader quality are in ensuring that every child receives an excellent education. To promote this belief, the AFAEE recognizes outstanding teachers and school leaders each year and has expanded its reach for the 2015-2016 school year to include the following five Metro Atlanta school districts: Atlanta Public Schools, Cobb County Schools, DeKalb County Schools, Fulton County Schools, and Gwinnett County Schools. More info here.
- Georgia Milestones Resources for families
- Infinite Campus: Flyer on our new Infinite Campus - Parent Portal. Visit the School Information page for instructions.
- School starts at 7:45 am and ends at 2:15 pm. PLEASE do NOT turn left into the school driveways. Figure out your car route so you do not have to turn left into the school grounds. NO LEFT TURNS!
- We now have a Twitter account! We will be using the account for reminders about school events, announcements, weather alerts and more! Download the Twitter app and then search for Briarlake Elementary School. Follow us to keep up to date with all the great things going on at our school! @BriarlakeES
- Microsoft Student Advantage Program This program provides free access to Office 365 Pro Plus for students currently enrolled in the DeKalb County Student District. DCSD students may download and install Office 365 Pro applications on up to 5 devices (PC, MAC, and/or mobile device). For more information: vist the DCSD Website: more information
- Comcast Essentials Program This program offers home Internet service for only $9.95 a month for families living within the Comcast service area. To qualify for this program, at least one child in the family must qualify for the free and reduced lunch program. Comcast flyer
- DeKalb County School District App It is available on the DCSD website.
- DeKalb County School District Calendar for the 2014-15 schoolyear is now posted. Click here to see it.
- International Parent Outreach Program is the county's continuous effort to increase parental engagement among our culturally and linguistically diverse community, the EL Program is pleased to announce the start of this year's Parent Outreach Program. This program offers PHLOTE parents (parents whose primary home language is other than English) the opportunity to learn English, computer literacy and school culture. Please see the flyer/registration forms available here.
- Please turn off your cell phones during morning and afternoon carpool.
- Briarlake weekly updates ....sign up is available on the left side of this page. Great information comes out weekly during the school year! This is our newsletter, so sign up now!
- School Hours: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm. Building opens at 7:00 am for student arrival.
- Lunch menus are posted here.
CARPOOL - MAP and Directions here
- There are no left turns into the school grounds from Briarlake Road.
- PLEASE display name signs until your child is safely in your car. Using a "skirt/pant" hanger on the mirror of the car is a great idea!!! All students should be picked up by 2:45 at the latest. Thank you for helping keep our children safe.
- Turn your cell phones off while dropping off or picking up your children as well as in the school building!